Friday 31 July 2009

Serial Cereal Killer!

Well if any further proof was needed to push me into the 'insanity' camp, it was delivered today with the realisation that I'd bought 7 boxes of cereal at the shops! Gawd, I can only plead that kids make it hard to concentrate, the cereal is in 2 seperate aisles, one type was a '2 for cheap' offer, and I really do like cereal! Also I was quite hungry. None of this rules out the first diagnosis.

Worse we did still have 5 half eaten boxes at home.

Sigh.

The shepherd's pie was eaten by all but me - although I must have the only kids who prefer the mince to the potato! Neither would even eat a bite of potato, but chowed down the mince/ vegie mix. I couldn't eat it, too meaty. If I made it again, I'd use beef mince, the lamb was disgusting, I drained it well but still really fatty blergh.

So I made felafels the next night, from an Asda packet, which were delicious - mmmm. And then vegetarian sushi (which made both girls cry last night, refusing to try it).

Tonight it's roasted vegies with chicken breast.

Zucchini (sorry, courgette), baby leeks, parboiled pumpkin, basil, olive oil, garlic, onion roasted and served with pasta. Yuummmmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment