Wednesday 22 July 2009

Chilly

Gosh it's cold this morning! It fills me with dread that I'm finding the July weather nippy, as how will we cope come Winter??

My battle to feed 1 1/2 yo is continuing, although last night she ate some mushroom soup with corn in it. Usually, she'll only try something if it has a cocktail stick in it! She's technically too small for her age. Which usually wouldn't worry me, but a doctor here hinted that there might be an underlying problem. She said a range of blood testing etc... I just can't do that to a healthy baby. And despite a range of food allergies (eg has a drop or two of milk and immediately has a rash around her mouth) she is a healthy bub. The dairy does make it harder to pump her full of food. Oh and a tomato allergy, so all those tomato-ey sauces are out and I need to be crafty. Oh AND she's super fussy. Hohum. I'm confident it will pass eventually.

We had some success with 'kineseology' in Sydney, which I was dubious to try, but it really made a difference for her. Not sure that Glasgow is that 'alternative' yet.

Because of all this I'm very wary of joining a dr here, I want to find one who will not insist on pricking and poking my sweet little bubba. I don't like the 2 old men I saw at the first surgery we visited. Trying to find out if we can join somewhere else, but doctors are one of the mysteries I'm yet to unravel here!

No comments:

Post a Comment