Saturday 18 December 2010

Nearly Xmas!

But it doesn't feel like it a bit! We've had a lot of snow (although the last week has been mercifully much clearer) already, and I'm told this is very Christmassy. To me, however, it feels wholly unchristmassy. I don't feel like it's the festive season until you are boiling hot and sunburned, no matter how much you stay indoors.

It is really nice having the picture from my window matching all the xmas carols for once though (well technically twice I guess), we have Let it Snow, Winter Wonderland, White Christmas etc on pretty high rotation. Not a whiff of Santa wear your shorts. The kids have taken to singing "Jingle Girls" instead of Jingle Bells, and it does have a nice festive air to it I'll admit.

Very much hoping that the Winter weather has done its worst already, as we are T (train) minus 6 days and counting... and the four hour trip to London may be a jolly holiday adventure, or pure misery at about 4 feet. Time will tell.

Ho ho ho, and bah humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment