Thursday 28 October 2010

Halloween and Bonfire Night

Halloween is huge over here. I understand that this is fairly recent, and I'm sure Australia will go the same way soon enough - it's one more bonanza for the shops after all.

Both the girls have Halloween parties to attend. We've bought and carved a pumpkin - I'd never seen the right kind of pumpkin in Australia, it was great fun (although gross!) to hollow it out and carve a pumpkin-y face on. The girls were thrilled when I inserted the candles.

I hope they'll be even more excited on fireworks night, I've bought a pack of 17 fireworks with great names like 'asteroid' and my personal fav 'desert sunrise'. We avoided the 'atomic blitz' and 'annihilation' sets! Fireworks have been banned in Australia for at least 20 years, so it'll be fun to have our one and only chance. I admit I'm a little scared, but I'm sure that will just lead to a very careful set-off.

Pics of both events to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment